Monday, December 7, 2009

An Update...

I'm bloggin during my precious planning time to update ya'll....
Christmas is swinging in full gear at our house. We have 7 trees up...one that is real...the outside decorated, our village up, and my nativity. I love having the room to scatter things throughout the whole house! I am ready for it to be Christmas vacation and enjoy my children and family. The first snowfall last night definitely made me even more in the mood.
We had our Awana Christmas program last night. It was superb! My Cubbies were darling doing their play and I was also very proud of my own children. When they sang Silent Night, there wasn't even eye rolling from Colby:) It was also very fun to have a visit from Santa, just like the good old days.
I can't wait to see Miss Natalee turn 1 year old, although it seems impossible! I am VERY excited about her birthday present. I love watching her and Colby grow closer and closer. He has declared her a genius!
Emma performed in her first dance recital on Saturday. It was awesome, after a little glitch at the beginning...a long story, that I'll type later.
So here is to snow, Christmas trees, lights, presents, family, food, love, and warm houses. Don't forget traditions, the smell of something baking (even if it is just a candle), and playing games on a cold winter night. As the craziness tries to get you down, just remember that Jesus is the reason for the Season...

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

so glad you finally posted! yes the Christmas program was great the other night! all the kids did great and loved having santa show up! can't wait to see the rest of your trees up. here's to hoping there is a snow day tomorrow so our boys can enjoy the beautiful snow!