Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Days and a New Tradition...

How we filled our two snow days...
A lot of laying around...
Watching t.v....
Playing games..
Reading books...
Then mom let the kiddos go out and play. I made them stay behind the wing walls b/c the wind was blocked there. They had a great time!

Notice Kodiak running at full speed to check things out!
enjoying hot chocolate to warm up.
We also went and celebrated a very special little girl's 1st birthday! She was lots of fun and I'm glad we could be there. She opened a all rubber doll from us to play in the bath tub with.




Today we made sugar cookies and cleaned out Vance's side of the garage...I'm so nice:)





The kids had great fun decorating the cookies and they sure do taste yummy.

So tonight I was looking around at all my Christmas trees and enjoying them and I got to thinking about how sad I will be when I have to take them down. I got this idea. I think I'm going to try to find a semi tall, skinny tree...preferably one that you can see the trunk...

kind of like this...but not completely what i'm imagining...http://www.gardecor.com/prod-afp20-cx075

and I'm going to leave it up all year. When a new holiday rolls around, we'll slowly collect things to decorate it...like flags for the 4th etc. Also, when it's one of my children's b-days...we can hang their favorite things on the tree. I think it would be a lot of fun to see how "their" trees would change from to year to year. I get more and more excited the more I think about the possibilities! So now I'm on the look out for the perfect tree!

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

that sounds perfect!!! it will be fun decorating a tree year round. those sleddin' pictures look like lots of fun. and i still don't have one of those yummy sugar cookies:)

Corin said...

I love the tree idea. I think Sara does something similar, or at least I know she does an Easter tree. I'm excited because now I can search for ornaments for every holiday for you. You know how I love a good ornament.

Shonya said...

What a fun idea with the tree--good memories for the kids!! And those are some awesome-looking cookies! Creative kiddos! We're still in the 'too much dumped sprinkles' stage! :) Is that Amee's recipe? And is it so good you need to share it with more friends?! :)

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea. I leave garland up on our banister all year round and decorate it according to the holiday. I get colored lights like green, red, blue, pink etc. for the different ones like St. Patrick's day, Easter at the after Christmas sales. A lot of possibilities and so many ways to be festive. Have fun.
Laurie