Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Christmas List

We are very blessed....
so blessed in fact that we NEED nothing....
we, however know that the shopping season is upon us...
and I find it much easier to shop for some people when I have an idea of their WANTS.
This does not mean that this is a list to be checked off.
That kind of annoys me.
It makes me feel like people expect to get EVERYTHING on that list.
Nope, this is just a guide...
Some likes and dislikes...
Some ideas...
So here it goes:
Emma is still in love with most things. She enjoys writing on her dry erase board and can always use new EXPO markers. She has also found a new love for dresses, especially the ones that flair out when she spins. She is complaining about her toes being pinched in her shoes: so size 13 is probably in order for her. She also has a new love for the Disney princesses since our recent trip to Disney World. Anything art supply is a good and easy bet for her, she is constantly glues, drawing, cutting, tying, and sticking things. She loves to show off her artwork and create new things that are very outside the box. She needs nothing except maybe more tights because of how often she is wearing dresses. She wears a size 5 and we're leaning toward a 6 for somethings. Of course, anything she sees on t.v. is something she NEEDS and she falls in love with, but I try to stay away from "fad toys" and purchase things she can play with for a number of years. As far as her room goes, she has plenty of lights, she could use some storage though...and wall shelves.
Colby, oh Colby...he is the hardest child EVER to buy things for! Right now he's leaning toward camo clothing. He also LOVES athletic pants...and I have to really stay on top of the laundry for him to have some to wear everyday. He could also use some t-shirts, mainly long sleeved. He is wearing a size 9 pants (make sure they are adjustable waist...so we can cinch them, unless they're elastic waist). He still loves the animals from Tractor Supply and plays with them the most...I'm wondering if he wouldn't like a corral or something along those lines. He also loves anything John Deere....As for his room, we are decorating it with Indian/Cowboy stuff. He has a hatchet, Indian peace pipe, dream catchers, long horns, etc. He LOVES that stuff! He has plenty of lights, but also could use some storage help. He is also very much in love with hunting and trapping.
I am just looking for decorations. I would love some "timeless" decorations, like an all white nativity set, angels to leave up all year, and I love sayings. I am also thinking about starting a Christmas tree collection for every corner, nook, or cranny in my house and I'm reviving my village. I am on the hunt for the perfect oval mirror for my bathroom and a stool to sit on while doing my hair. It has to be a pretty tall stool, b/c my counters are tall. I am also looking for an oval/circle picture frame. You all know my decorating style, so if you feel the need to add to that, I'll let you!
Vance will have to add to this himself, but I know he loves a GOOD, HEAVY, DURABLE sweatshirt! He had one my mom bought him and he wears it immediately after I've washed it! He also is looking for good socks that don't stretch out when he wears them. I'll ask him out I can update this and then let you know when I do!
I would love some ideas from my family and friends as well. It makes things a little less stressful, when you have something to go on!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

all i want for xmas is my two front teeth:)