Sunday, November 15, 2009

chilly days are here to stay...

I know some people hate the chilly weather that comes around in the Fall, but I secretly love it. No, I don't want it to come before it's time...it can stay away until late October, early November....but it helps us slow down. We spend more time together as a family. We start playing games again. Hang out in Vance's shop...or used to, before it became a giant litter box! We watch movies, bake cookies, and paint fingernails. So, although I love Summer and all the fun it brings, it is nice to relax a little, just be a family. Even though the weekends seem to fill up more quickly, with holiday celebrations and birthday, we still have every evening after work. The only "activity" my children are in right now is Emma dances on Mondays and both of them are in Awana on Wednesdays. It feels like such a sinful delight to be home Tuesday and Thursday evening. I love how God made seasons for us, in which we could have time to recuperate and revive ourselves. I can't imagine living in a place that didn't have all 4 seasons. I deeply need them all.
What do you do differently in the fall....?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cold weather today made me want to be at home on the couch, there's nothing like a good couch. :) guess my dorm bed will have to do...
Lauren

Corin said...

I love fall and winter too. Truth be told I'm not as good at the playing outside as Steve is. I'm not outdoorsy, so I feel like an observer a lot in the summer. In the fall and winter I get to play more with Levi. I'm really good a comming up with fun projects to do.
There is also the added bonus of having more time to knit and workon inside projects. Steve and I have two to-do list a summer list and a winter list. Summer is outside of the house stuff and Winter stuff is stuff that can be done inside.
Great post.

Bree Shaw said...

i agree! i think we spend a lot more "quality" family time together. playing games, watching movies, etc. it seems like the summer time just is too busy to do any of that! i love all seasons and can't imagine not living somewhere where they don't really have seasons!

Shonya said...

Hmmmm. . .life will slow down more for us after the kids' drama production the Friday! :) Then maybe I'll join you in enjoying this season! :)