Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sofa Table

I promise to now fill my house with barn board, but I got my sofa table last night. I am proud of myself for doing 'most' of it myself. I didn't do the table saw or draw knife, but most everything was me...with a little guidance.
We didn't have anymore found porch columns so we used logs. Vance likes it better, I'm not so sure.
Anyway...once again I have some pretties to spread about, but totally excited!!
p.s. I have picked tons of splinters out of my hand! There is probably lots of lead paint used and my hand is going to rot off...but my living room will look pretty so it's a win, win situation! We will also probably all get deathly ill from having some fancy word for "old wood" in our house, so if you come in and we are all dead, would you have it checked for me?

2 comments:

Shonya said...

I'm so proud of you, Andrea! And you know, that is so good for your marriage--developing an interest in something your husband is good at and him working with you. Go YOU!! :D

Corin said...

I love it! I think this and the side table really give your living room a finished/decorated look. They look a magazine ad that you would is in country living or something. Love them. You guys did a great job.