Friday, March 25, 2011

National Symbols

I assigned my first big "at home" project! One of our Social Studies GLE's is to recognize and know facts about some of our nation's symbols. I taught about Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Liberty Bell, White House, US Capitol, Washington Monument, The Statue of Liberty, and Lincoln Memorial. Then I assigned that each kid make a replica of their chosen symbol, learn 2 new facts, and show what the human symbol size ratio. I had some awesome projects!
This is Emma's crazy horse.
Statue of Liberty:)
This is made with painted expando foam!




See the people?
I have lots of other pictures, but unfortunately they have kids in them and I don't want to put other people's kids on here without permission! It was a super awesome project!

3 comments:

Shonya said...

Very fun!! Looks like a great idea, awesome teacher! ;)

Anonymous said...

statue of liberty cracks me up :)
they did a great job!

Lauren

Corin said...

These are great. Love them!