Sunday, March 27, 2011

My weekend

Saturday, I took Emma to a make up dance day. When we got home, we planted lots of seeds. I hope this makes a difference in $$ when it's time to plant the garden. Every year we buy tomato and pepper plants. I also hope this helps with the size and harvest time. We made a huge mess in the kitchen, but it's cold outside!
I also got some of my fun stuff finished. This is a candle holder I made out of a thrift store lamp. I'm pretty excited about it, but can't decide where to put it....i carry it around everywhere. (I'm going to have to start taking before and after pictures).
I finished my shelves and Vance and Chance hung them for me. I'm in love with them! Not sure I love the paint job, but that can be changed. Why is it distressed when other people does it looks cool, but when I do it for myself it just looks dingy?
It's going to take me lots of time to fill them:)
I also spread out some of my other finds. I bought the two candle holders at Hobby Lobby and might change the color. The cake stand thing is from T J Maxx....i want to find something cool to put in there.

Tossing around a couple Easter decoration ideas to throw in the bowl.
The bottom of this is another candle holder thrift store find and the top is a bowl from the Dollar Store. Love this!
Right now I'm trying my hand at glazing...it's VERY messy!

1 comment:

Corin said...

I thought the shelves were just white. I'll have to see them in person to see the distressing I guess.