Monday, January 24, 2011

Changing things up...

This is the only productive part of this post....
Last year I was so good about planning our meals. This year I couldn't get in the groove, but with the rising grocery prices...I can't just keep hodge podging my way through the grocery store. So a friend got me moving in the right direction and this week we are organized! I'm excited to know what's cooking every night!

Soooo....I've been blog stalking all these crafty blogs and I just want to make my house "pretty." It seems so effortless when you check out the blogs. They just come up with these ideas! Anyway, I decided to get busy!

So...I saw this idea to put mason jars on our chandelier. I love it. It really changes things up. I might paint the rings and have messed around with painting the whole chandelier, but that seems a little permanent right now.

On Friday, I went shopping for pretties....
First score was this bowl!
I used by Hobby Lobby gift card to buy this shelf and the bowls both came from Target.
Got this tray for our "stuff."
In love with this hanger.
I also made a V-day wreath and bought stuff to make a few more.
I'm sure Vance is about ready to strangle me, but it makes me happy. He cuts and glues wood...I glue crepe paper...
Secretly, I think he is jealous of my hot glue gun though!

2 comments:

Corin said...

I'm trying to get motivated to pick up my menu again, but have not managed it yet. Hopefully I can draw inspiration from you and Darla and get with it.
You are making me feel so very unproductive lately with all our crafting and decorating. I love all the new pretties. I think that my favorite is the hanger in the kitchen, so cute! Thanks for sharing, maybe some of your crafty productivity will rub off if I read about it enough.

Bree Shaw said...

Love it all! You are making me get in the mood to do something.....painting!