Sunday, September 19, 2010

A recap

The days have been flying by at a scary speed. I always feel overwhelmed this time of year, but once again I'm just trying to keep my head above water. I think it's because so many things start in September. Everyone seems to wait until after Labor Day and then WHAM...they let you have it. Plus, lots of activities are trying to cram in one more big Hurrah! before the cooler weather sets in.

Soccer has started and thankfully we played our first game this Saturday. We were so greatful that the weather held out. Colby is playing on the 5th and 6th grade team. Crazy to think! Vance is his coach and he picked the 3 tallest 3rd/4th graders to move up. It's definitely a challenge for Colby and dad works him twice as hard as everyone else. I love this action shot!
Awana is also in full force! I am the Cubbie director again this year and loving it. I love working with those little ones once a week. I feel like I'm making such a difference. Above is the group we had march in our Homecoming parade. I was so proud of those kids!
Last week was Homecoming Spirit Week. Emma loved dressing up each day and Wednesday was Disney Day! Here she is with two friends. Sylvia is someone off of Highschool Musical and MaKinley is Pocahontas!
I don't have a picture of Emma dancing yet, she goes twice a week this year...and I really should take a picture of Colby and I at war over homework! Oh. My. Goodness! It's always rough at the start.
Is September/October just as crazy for you??

2 comments:

Corin said...

Nope! I'm not sure I'm ready for my kids to be old enough that we start having activities to go to. I become overwhelmed very easily and if you are just keeping your head above water I have no chance.

Amy said...

I'm with Corin, I don't know how you do it all. Mine isn't old enough to have activities or be in anything & I already feel as if there just isn't enough time to fit everything in. When the time comes for us to begin activities, I'll be hoping for just a pinch of your "superwoman" abilities!!!