Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Sister Kind of Thing

Lauren's sorority recently hosted a girl's weekend. It's main focus was sisters and mothers. Jenn and I loaded up our precious girls and headed over there on Saturday. My pictures got out of order, but I will recap the weekend for you!

There were lots of photo opportunities. We had lots and lots of fun. Jenn and I neither one lived in a dorm, so it was fun to experience the college life with communal bathrooms and the c.p.:)
In the afternoon, we painted pumpkins, played games, and Emma showed off her gymnastic abilities. Here she is patiently watching as Lauren and LeAnn do their best to do a duo somersault...it never happened.
Playing duck, duck, goose. Emma is a fast little thing.

Playing Little Sally Sigma...Emma had played this before and really got into it.

Lunch at Hardees...Natalee and Emma ate at the "girls" table!


A trip to Lowe's was super fun. We also went to Hobby lobby, Ben Franklin, and Jo Ann's.

We did some pumpkin painting. Emma and Natalee shared a pumpkin...it was a little hit and miss for awhile, but Natalee soon learned to only paint on the back of the pumpkin.
I am so glad we had the opportunity to visit Lauren and share in her college life. It was fun to meet her friends and spend a weekend with her. It was also great for Emma to have some girl time. She even got to sleep in Lauren's bunk! Jenn and I shared another room downstairs...a highlight for sure.
I am also thankful that I have sisters. What would my life be like without them!? Just think if everyone had the "perfect" family of one boy, one girl, a dog, and a picket fence...there would be no sisters. What a sad, sad world that would be. Thanks for the fun weekend Lauren and Jenn!






4 comments:

Shonya said...

That looks like GREAT "girl time". Such wonderful memories!!!

Corin said...

Looks like a great weekend. I'm so glad that you appreciate your sisters.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I agree - sisters are a treasure. Way to keep up with the blog!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all got to come!! I had a blast. Just think, this is what I live like all year....understand why I am so tired all the time? Lol. Love you.

Lauren