Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Bench

I made a bench! (with Vance's help) That darn table saw...it irritates me! Anyway, he cut this nice board for me....it's the seat.
These legs are from a yardsale that my sisters bought for me....boy they love me, huh?!
This is the "skirting"...I don't know?! It sounds right! Anyway, it's to led support to the legs.
This is where I begin sucking at this tutorial! I layered 3 pieces of foam and 2 layers of quilting batting on the plywood and stapled it underneath. Then I put the skirt/box thing on. We use a kreg thingy to put the screws in so you can't see them.
Then, we (Vance) screwed in the legs. I drilled the holes!! I also screwed the legs to the skirt so that someone over the weight of 20lbs can sit on it.
I heart this! Now I need a rug to match better.
Happy shoe tying to anyone who comes over!!

2 comments:

Corin said...

It looks so professional and slick (as in polished and well done, not slippery). I LOVE it!! You both did a fantastic job. I also love that your sister (which ever one it was) saw random legs at a yard sale and thought, yep! Andrea need those. Makes me laugh.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I think you should MAKE a rug. I've seen it done...just saying.
And Corin - I take all the credit. 8 legs for $2...now that's a bargain!