Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dance!

Emma participated in her 2nd dance recital this year. We love dance! I think she only missed on class this year because of the weather and she went twice a week. We are really hoping for all of her things to fall on one night next year. I can't handle that being away from home stuff during supper and homework hours. It makes life tough.
Anyway, her first number was jazz. The first picture is awful, but you can see how into it she is. She loved the music and the moves.
John and Judy came to watch! Emma spent most of the evening on Judy's lap!

Tumbling is her favorite. My camera isn't good enough to get good pictures, but she sure learned a lot this year. I can't even begin to list all of the things she can do but it's amazing to watch.
She's in the middle on the top.

Her least favorite is ballet. I love it. It's so pretty and graceful. Right before the show started the blond girl on the front on the left...physically tried to push Emma into a different spot. Emma stood her ground but got M.A.D. I was sure there was going to be some tulle flying but she maintained composure. After the song, I rushed to the back and counted find her! I was worried that she had the little girl in a choke hold (you know, her father's temper:), but she had brushed the encounter off.

A BIG thanks to everyone who helped with getting Emma to and from dance and/or watching Colby while Emma was there. I really appreciate it. Also a big thanks to all of you who came to her recital to watch her....she is truly blessed.

3 comments:

Shonya said...

It looks like she loves it (and perhaps mama does too! smile)

Corin said...

I love going to her dance stuff. So, fun!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Did I ever send you my pictures from the recital night? She's such a pretty little dancer!