Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Gardening

I love gardening...more so with flowers than with vegetables, but I'll do both. I have to say my flower beds are looking pretty darn snazzy. I moved lots of stuff this spring, so I'm curious to see what next year looks like. It seems that when you move things, it stunts them. Anyway....
This is my attempt at pepper plants....they'll be ready to pick in December:) I've learned to start them WAY earlier and plant them in bigger pots!

The tomato plants I started.
A LOOOOONG row of green beans that will soon be ready to pick.

LOTS of sweet corn:)

Daylilly:) Compliments of Vicki Whitlow
An abundance of hollyhocks! I bought ONE last year and now they have threatened to take over!
Another daylilly!
Zinnias I started from seed. Aren't they gorgeous?
MuMs!

1 comment:

Shonya said...

I'm really impressed. I garden out of necessity, don't love it. Your gardens look so pretty! And I know where to go for some fresh sweet corn. . .mmmmm!!! :) We planted just enough to eat a few messes, not enough to freeze.