Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Fun!

I've made myself a summer resolution (somewhat like a New Year's Resolution) that I'm going to blog. Enough excuses....it's a must! Anyway, here is a recap of our summer to date.

We've been swimming in the pond a couple of times. Colby is a good enough swimmer that he can take his life jacket off if I'm right there. Emma is quite content to leave hers on!
Colby's been playing as much baseball as the weather allows and we love it. He is so much fun to watch!
We've had lots of friends over. Above is a picture of our cousin Colton from ND and Emma's friend Sylvia. They are having hot dogs and 'smores:)
We went to the wedding of my beautiful cousin Kelsey in Iowa. That is where we met up with the ND family and then they came to MO to visit for a couple of days.
I got my hair chopped off. It is very easy to manage, but I somewhat miss the longer hair. I can't recap the way the stylist did it and it makes me mad!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like an awesome summer so far!! I hear you about the excuses...I am pretty good at making them for various things myself, but I am so excited to see you back! Hoping to finally make it out to see your "new" house this summer!

Corin said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy your blogging again. I love the hair. Seeing this drastically different haircut in a picture first makes me feel like I haven't seen you in WAY to long. I'm also wishing I was getting to eat the s'mores with you.

Shonya said...

Welcome back! I like the hair again! :) And I love the pond pics--and am impressed that it doesn't freak you out like it does me!

Stacey and Ryan said...

Welcome back! I think the day that you took that baseball game picture, I may have seen your kids. We were up one weekend and watched on of our niece's ball games and I saw both Colby and Emma. I hope Colby's games are more exciting than the one we watched was...baking in the hot sun, waiting for the 7 run rule for the inning to hit is painful :)

Team First Grade said...

Glad you are back! I need to do the same, but no promises...