Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Epidemic....

There is a loose tooth epidemic at our house! It started last week. Emma had a wiggly tooth. Her first every! She was so excited to turn 5 because she thought that automatically gave her loose teeth. Well, a year later here we are. Sooooo...her tooth was wiggled and wiggled and was pretty loose and Wednesday night Erin and Trenton both tried to pull it out. No luck, just lots of tears. So we wiggled and talked and wiggled some more. Finally on Friday night I told her it was coming out. She was crying before I even touched it, but I got it out! She was BIG then! All excited and couldn't wait for the tooth fairy.



She brought her a silver dollar!

And an authentic letter sealed in gold dust:)


So then this week at school I pulled a tooth on Monday. The poor girl...it was hanging on by a thread. She really wanted it out but couldn't make herself pull it. Then again today, I had a little boy that had a loose tooth. Not really loose, just kind of. He was determined to get it out. I told him it would hurt and he said he didn't care. I yanked and yanked on it and got it out! He was so pleased!
Then Colby comes rushing into my classroom. He has a loose tooth! His first ever. So we cheered and clapped and he went on his way. If you remember this post you know this is a big deal. Well, I'm sure a whole lot of learning did not take place today, because all he could think about what this loose tooth. He wiggled all day.
At Awana if finally came out. It's hard to see in this picture, but there is a gap.


He says it is as big as 1cm. When he called my mom he asked her if she knew what that was...like on a ruler, grandma. Poor grandma, she needs it spelled out for her. So now to play tooth fairy for the 2nd time in a week and he is laying ON. TOP. of that tooth so that he can catch the tooth fairy in action.
I can't wait to take a picture of my gappy smiled kids!!

2 comments:

Corin said...

I think it's kind of cool that your kids are a little older getting they're first loose tooths. They seem so much more excited about it then I ever remember being.

Bree Shaw said...

hope that tooth fairy was able to sneak in and not get trapped:) i am so glad that he finally had a "real" loose tooth. i can't even imagine how he felt knowing all of his friends were losing theirs. and emma.... i love how proud she was to go up to everyone and show them:) yay for epidemics:)