Tuesday, March 9, 2010

EgGs

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss' birthday....so what does 1st grade do? Make green eggs and ham of course!
Our story the week before was If You Give a Pig a Pancake...so we also made pancakes. Every kids cracked an egg and we all mixed and stirred.
In Kindergarten, the letter of the week was O. Jenn's babysitter gave Emma on ostrich egg. I showed it to my class. They thought it was awesome!
Emma loved this egg. She put it in a stroller, wrapped in blankets, and just sat and read to it. She was sure she would hatch it....until... it started to smell. Now it's on the porch! What a great experience!

4 comments:

Shonya said...

How fun! and WOWZER! I didn't know ostrich eggs were quite that big! I'm with Emma--sure woulda been cool if she could have hatched it! :)

Corin said...

I think you are the bravest teacher alive to let ALL of your first graders crack and stir eggs. My whole body tenses just thinking about it.

Bree Shaw said...

what a cool teacher!!!! i would have never thought than an ostrich egg would be that big.

Anonymous said...

You are cool! I love working with you! Love ya, Kristina