Monday, January 25, 2010

That time of year....

I know some of you are going to think that I'm crazy with the following sentences, but it's true...
I kind of like this time of year!
I know, many of you have cabin fever and are SOOOO ready for Spring...and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Spring, but I also like this time of year...
Time for hibernation...
Time for playing games...
And cooking BIG meals...
Time for afternoon naps....
It's after the holidays, everything as slowed down.
Right before the madness of spring starts to rev up.
Ball
End of the school year madness
Birthdays
Roping
Fairs
This is the last time we are just US for a very long time, so instead of wishing for Spring...I'm going to cuddle a little closer and enjoy this time a little longer...
Remind me this the next time I'm growling about this cold and yucky weather:).

3 comments:

Shonya said...

Wow! Well, it's nice to have a different perspective--b/c I'm VERY ready for Spring! ;) I'll try to enjoy the family time and copy your perspective.

Bree Shaw said...

i agree with you andrea!

Corin said...

Such the optimist. I'm done with 12 degrees. I want snow and I want upper 20s. I want to go sledding. I want to leave my house without sprinting to the car. I want a glisten of sun every now and then. I'm not so much ready for spring as I am ready for a milder winter. Funny we have so many toys and still I feel like it would be much more fun to play outside a little. I will try and catch your positive attitude but I'm not so sure I can. On the up side this weather really helps me get a lot of knitting done. There, I'm more positive already.