Friday, January 8, 2010

How do the fancy people live?

So, growing up we had a horse blanket. That's what it's name was...the horse blanket. I loved it. It was the coveted blanket at our house, big, thick, and long enough! To this day...i will still grab it to snuggle up with! Now I have my own horse blanket:) Jenn made it for Colby when he went to a big boy bed. It's perfectly the right length. It's also the chosen blanket for good snuggle time. Emma dragged it around with her all day. I finally threw it in the washer. Before I sit down I always grab this blanket and Vance is constantly asking..."Where is the horse blanket?"
I'm just curious...
How do the fancy people live?
Do they have a horse blanket?
I doubt it.
So when they are cold...what do they say?
"Hey honey, will you hand me the 100% cashmere crimson throw draped ever so elegantly over the chair?"
I doubt it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I had no idea where this was going but I like it. Not sure about the fancy people...but theyre missing out if they think that little thrown is very warm!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!! You probably have no idea that I check your blog practically everyday and am disappointed when there is nothing new. No... I'm not a stalker. I just enjoy a good laugh. I follow several of the other blogs too. I get to enjoy the work of all of you girls while I sit back in my recliner and just have to read...and laugh, or cry..whatever the case may be. So... keep the blogging coming. Ilove it!!

Lisa

Bree Shaw said...

you are so funny. i bet they don't have a blanket to use, i am guessing they have a snuggie! HA, HA, HA!! your horse blanket is like our camo blanket.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I bet they have a horse blanket...they just hide it in the closet so other people can't see it. They'd never leave it out on their uncomfortable chair or thrown in a basket by the couch!

Shonya said...

Ha, ha, love it! You should try our nasty, ugly, 70s brown and orange afghan! :)

Anonymous said...

The horse blanket is awesome isn't it. I was wondering the other day as I was getting ready to wash it, just how old it is, and how many more washings it has left.

Mom

Corin said...

Fancy people have horse blankets, they just pay lots more money for them and call them things like throws.