Tuesday, August 25, 2009

That Groove

We're groovin' right along in the Frederick household. Just a quick update:
The menu thing is going great! I love knowing what's on the menu you for the next night and doing all the prep work or laying out the meat. It makes the guessing game so much easier.
My kiddos are getting up great in the morning. They each have an alarm set and Emma has her clothes layed out. Sometimes, I'm not thrilled with what Colby chooses, but oh well.
I'm really trying to take care of "paperwork" as soon as it comes in my door. If a bill comes, I write out the check and get it in the mail. Same for school stuff. Picture order forms, soccer registration, etc.....send that stuff back out the door!
I am written in my "teacher book" everyday except for today, b/c I left about 10 mins. early. Hopefully, I can get caught up in the morning b/c I don't want to get behind.
I am also trying to keep a running grocery list, to make things easier, but we're still working on that:)
Also, I'm having a hard time with 2nd grade homework. It's intense! So far, we're trying to do it as soon as we walk in the door, but that's not always ideal. Like tonight....
Tonight, we headed to Canton to see Lorn Lorn! We went to a mexican restaurant for supper, where my children order chicken nuggets. Gotta love them! It was fun to see her dorm, etc...so we have a picture in our head to imagine. She has a snazzy laundry room, bathroom right across the hall, and a pretty sleek lounge. Things could be MUCH worse.
No other plans this week, so hopefully we can hammer out that schedule a little bit more.
I am so thankful that we are finished building our house...it seems as the kids get older the running becomes more and at least we're not rushing from here to there working on it!
Leaving you with a sweet picture....


Jammie party at Lorn Lorn's...next time we're really leaving them!

7 comments:

Shonya said...

Yay, a new post! :) Love the pic of the little sweeties, giggling at the thought of them having a sleepover in a dorm! Glad things are going well as you get back in the groove of school. Have I ever shared my grocery list with you? I have a huge list of different things we tend to buy, it hangs on the fridge, and as we use something up, I just mark the space in front of that item. lmk if you want me to send you a copy and you can steal the idea (which I stole from someone else! lol) It has helped me a TON.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

ooo, shonya--pick me! I want a copy of the list...please & thank-you!

Andrea--you do have plans remember? We have a bushel of pears waiting to be worked and canned :) Be excited...it'll be a blast!

Diane Melvin said...

Your sister and Ashley would love for the kids to stay all night. That would be FUN!! Maybe I can send Lydia also.

Corin said...

Glad everything is working for you guys right now. It's so nice when you can really hit your stride for a while. So often things mess that up.

Bree Shaw said...

i am sure lauren was glad to see you guys.

i am trying to get something figured out for the shaw household. things just are not going too smooth right now. glad it is all working at your house:)

Anonymous said...

yay for visits! my walls look especially sick in pictures. lol oh well i'll just cover them up with pictures. thanks for coming!
Lauren

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.