Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Anti-Social

Ya know what?
I AM anti-social sometimes...
and that's o.k.
Everyone needs some alone time.
If I go to the roping pens,
and sit all by myself and read a book,
and only look up when Vance ropes,
and answer only MY children when they need something,
that's o.k.
I get in those funks.
I get them more in the summer, when I'm all by myself...except my kids of course...all day.
I do my thing.
Read books.
Watch t.v.
Do lots of heavy cleaning.
And get used to my own thoughts.
So, sometimes, I might silence my phone (except I haven't learned how to on my new phone yet),
or choose not to answer an email,
because.....
the voices in my head are pretty friendly.
Don't take it personally....
you can be friends with my voices too!
I think that's why I haven't blogged much this summer...
I'm anti social!

1 comment:

Shonya said...

LOVE it! I am the same way! I recently had a friend ask "If you could step outside yourself, do you think you would be friends with yourself?" Well, others started naming their faults and what they wouldn't like, and that got me to thinking: I am MOODY! Maybe I choose to have moody friends (who are sometimes totally social, at other times anti) b/c then they 'get' me and don't go off in a funk wondering what my problem is! :)

Does it sound obnoxious and arrogant to say I like myself (warts and all) and don't mind just spending time to myself (in actuality, I might COVET time to myself! ha)?!