Monday, February 22, 2010

what's new with me?

Why have I not been bloggin?
Who knows.
I'm just not in the mood.
I check fb once and awhile, but other than that I'm not over at the computer much.
We've been playing a lot of Mario Bros. with Colby after supper in the evening.
I've also been burning through books, one a night it seems.
Colby wanted to know if I was trying to break a record.
I've also been trying to introduce my kiddos to the Olympics, I want them to understand what it means when they're older. We watched curling tonight.
I am so sick of cooking....part of it is all the snow days makes for a lot of cooking for me. I'm out of ideas, scared to try new things, and sick of how much groceries cost.
Is anyone else noticing?
It scares me!
I can easily spend over $100 at Aldi's now and before I would have to buy A LOT to spend $70.00. It's crazy.
I don't know how people that buy name brand and organic are doing it.
Emma is still dancing and still loves it. I have ordered her costumes for her spring dance recital and SOOO excited! She has also learned how to do her own hair...sCaRy!
I'm trying to let go of my OCD and let her do it herself, but I know I'll still have to do it for school and such.
Colby is ready for spring. He's ready to be outside, ride his horse, hang out at the roping pen, etc. He is also signing up for summer ball. I can't wait to get out and play catch with him.
We have drifts at our house about 5 ft. tall. Vance bladed the drive for over an hr. this morning and for 2 hours tonight. I hope it doesn't drift back shut over night. I can't believe all of this snow. Never has it been this much for such a long period of time.
I am slowly decorating some bare walls in the house. Going shopping with Corin on Saturday. I wish I lived closer to some bigger stores to hit now and then and not feel like I have to buy SO much at once. It would be nice to just enjoy the sales.
I am ready for this school year to be over. I think we have slowly found a rhythm, but everyday is still an exhausting adventure. I am proud of my class, I get good reports from most specials teachers...where the same class last year DID NOT! I hope they continue to act this way next year also.
I cannot believe that next year I will be the mom of a 3rd grader and 1st grader! Can you believe it?! Insane how quickly time flies....
Good Night Friend...

2 comments:

Corin said...

I have been missing you blogging, but I understand. I'm rarely in the mood either.
I'm totally over healthy cooking or healthy enough for me. I still do it, but part of me just wants to have lunch meat sandwiches every night.
I totally think it's scary how big your kids are getting. I have this belief that they should be little forever and they are not living up to their end of the bargin.
I'm very excited for our trip, but I agree about living closer to stores. I feel like I have to plan out carefully what I'm looking for and what I need/want to get. So that I don't feel like I missed something, but also don't spend a small fortune. It would be nice to not feel like I need to make so much of these trips.
Love your new background. See Ya Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for summer either. So excited to watch your kids do their activities. Its scary that they're growing up this fast but they are turning into such cool little people to hang out with, and I love that. We're in the home stretch now and I feel like we can make it till summer. :)

Love you, Lauren