Tuesday, February 23, 2010

pretty girls

This dress is the one Emma wore for Jenn's wedding. She was 18 months old in the wedding and right around that age for the pictures. I finally dug it out for Miss Natalee. Natalee is 15 months old for these pictures.

Isn't it precious?!
Emma was less than pleased for these pictures, but you can hardly tell. Look at those chubby cheeks and ALL. THAT. HAIR! It makes my heart hurt to see how big she's grown...I sure do miss that sweet little girl!

Here is a comparison of the two of them standing, but it's hard to tell b/c you can't see Natalee's feet.
Notice Emma's hair...I did it myself...at 18mths of age. She now hates the curling iron...and bobby pins...and not so crazy about hairspray. What a fun day! Mr. Colby is looking pretty dashing also and super happy that his sister is kissing him! I look back on how little my kids were and feel very grateful that they did such a great job that day! WOW!

6 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

so sweet...sometimes I'd like to rewind and do the wedding again...just to hear Emma saying "hi" as she walked down the aisle and to see Colby tip his chair over in the middle of the ceremony!

you can't see Natalee's feet b/c she isn't standing...she's sitting on a short stool to give her the illusion of standing b/c she doesn't stand...sigh!

Corin said...

Awww.... Memories. That last one of the two of them is a real heartbreaker. They're growing up to be such beautiful people, inside and out.

Shonya said...

awwwww, how precious and what a fun trip down memory lane! i'd forgotten those chubby cheeks! :)

Erin said...

oh my...those two munchkins melt my heart! Could you and Vance have had more adorable kids? And they are turning even more beautiful and handsome as they grow! We are so blessed to be able to witness that!

Anonymous said...

Love it <3. Emma has changed a lot but I think one thing that never will are those eyes. Beautiful girls.

Love, Lauren

Bree Shaw said...

so much fun to see them both in the same dress. i still can't get over how chubby emma was. to look at her and colby both now, you would never know how chubby they both were. thanks for sharing.