Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let me tell you about....

this friend I have.
She's a friend from grade school. Ya know....way back. When things were complicated....boys and clothes and stuff. Well, this friend as honestly been by my side throw THICK and thin. I'm grateful for her.
We've been through engagements....break-ups....dances....hair dilemas....shopping....fights.... to
babies...parenting....marriage....and the list goes on.
My friend has a little boy, he's just 18 months old....I have a 7 year old. For 7 years now, she has come to party after party....she's done the pirate thing, the princess thing, the horse thing, and NOW the fishing thing.
She doesn't grumble, she puts on her smile and sometimes her boots and enjoys herself. Did she have anything in common with these little themed parties? No, but she came anyway...faithfully every time. She often also brought food. And did I mention all the times she scoured and searched for the perfect gift? From spurs to tiny leather gloves, she's bought it all.
So Corin, thank you for always being "there." For sitting at the party when my son had a pinata, the time we just watched Emma crawl around my tiny living room, how about the time you corralled your son and kept him from tearing down Cinderella's castle, or my favorite....keeping him from falling in the pond.
I vow here and now to be that person for your kids....except last year...but I had a good excuse...I had THE FRIEND!
I want to get the best present b/c it FITS him and I want to sit and watch him play with what he likes best, even if those days are over for me. Because that's what friends do!
Love you!

3 comments:

Corin said...

Nothing like a little cry to start your day. You know I do those things for two reasons.
1. I love your kids. I want to get them presents that make there faces light up. I love watching them at there parties and thinking about how I hope I can do that for my kids. Plan parties that fit there personality perfectly that year.
2. Never in all those years of friendship have you let me down when I needed you. You've told me the truth when I didn't want to hear it, then picked up the pieces when I finaly figured out you were right. You jumped on board when I told you I was getting married in a week. I just hope I can be as good a friend to you as you've always been to me.
Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I needed that pick me up this morning.

Bree Shaw said...

ahh, that made me get teary eyed too! i am so glad you guys have such a great friendship!

Shonya said...

A good friend is just priceless, hmmm? And it's an amazing gift to have such a good and LONGTERM friendship as that!