Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pet Peeve

I have to share a pet peeve of mine, but first I have to give you some background knowledge....
We grew up listening to music...rock and roll to be exact. My dad would get a "new" tractor and the first thing to be fixed was the radio...who cared if it had air...or much less a cab...or a seat that didn't rip your pants...by golly it had a radio. Some of my favorite times with my dad were hearing the story behind the band or musician and guessing the artist and winning a shiny new coin (depended on what was in his pocket...sometimes it was a dime...sometimes a quarter)!
So needless to say, I am a music person. Lately in the morning when I am driving to work, there is no music. I don't want to hear what the d.j. did last night, who died, or a sleep clogged voice squeak out someone's birthday. Maybe I'm rude...but really I don't. I also don't want to listen to the school lunch menu for the surrounding 50 million schools and who sponsored that school. I don't want to play the game what is in my purse or what you THINK should be in my purse. I don't want to guess what that sound was and I definitely don't want to think about how you made that sound.
I have 5 saved stations on my radio and sometimes I can flip through all 5 and there is not one song on! Makes me grumpy! I just need a song to jazz me up in the morning, but here I am getting more and more irritated as I drive along!
So there you have it...how to get my panties in a punch early in the morning:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently you and Lauren have the same views on this subject, as she also is always changing the station as soon as the dj starts talking, and that drives me insane. I just want to yell sometimes, can you just leave it alone and listen to what they have to say cuz you might learn something. But she never listens and also gets her panties all bunched up when there is no music.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Andrea! Relax! put in a CD!
Annette

Corin said...

I'm curious what station you listen too that does school menus? Anywho, I'm a music person too and really can't work without a little diddy playing.
Steve has a similar problem he get's really mad when they don't tell you the names and artist for the songs they play.
Hope that you get started on the right foot today despite the lack of music.