Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Christmas Workshop

Vance and I were married for 3 years before having kids and we spent many hours in his "woodshop." We made things that were awesome and not so great:) We bought new tools and learned together how to use them. He was the mastermind, I was the sander. Then....we had kids. While I was pregnant with Colby, we made a beautiful oak dresser/changing table that Colby still uses today. Emma...well she's still waiting. It's definitely hard to make it out there when you have 2 little ones. I would be angry at Vance if was out there by himself and we were both exhausted once the kids were in bed. Well, FINALLY we have reached a point in our life that we can work out there again. We are excited to make a lot of our Christmas gifts instead of buying them. Here are a couple of sneek peaks....
Natalee is getting a thimble cabinet.
It will hold 86 thimbles...I think.
And this...it's a surprise!
If it was for you....what would you want it to be???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good feeling to make gifts. Chad and I have been team making quilts and wall hangings for Christmas this year. I've caught my mom's love of simple sewing. We have made 16 lap quilts for family and friends. Have fun and enjoy the time together. Chad has been cutting and tying and I do the sewing. Hope you're having a great fall. Miss you.
Laurie

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

It looks like a sleigh turned wrong side up. ? Weird

Corin said...

What's that I see? Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? You mean there will be a time when you have free time again?! This is very exciting and encouraging news!!! Yay for homemade gifts! I can think of all kinds of things that I could use.

Andrea Frederick said...

So Corin...what are some of those things you could use??!!

Bree Shaw said...

i could use...... but, i don't think that is for me so i will keep those ideas to myself:)

so glad you are getting out there to get things done. homemade gifts are the bestest!