Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Week!


We began Halloween week with trunk or treat at our church. Colby was so excited to have his friend Jaden come over. She borrowed his shirt, hat, and boots from 3 years ago! They had blast playing before Awana began.
Emma invited her friend MaKinley. She has tumbling on Wednesdays so MaKinley just me us there. Our theme was Hoe Down and we served 102 children I believe. I had 23 cubbies (3/4 year olds)! We trunk or treated the cars, decorated pumpkins, had dirt cups with worms, and a lesson. What fun!
Thursday night Colby got his medal for playing soccer. His dad was his coach.
One last huddle!

Friday ended with class parties. As always bonus Grandma Penny came. Colby dressed as Darth Vader for school, but will be a scarecrow for Halloween.

Here is his friend Jaden again. Her mother will be so proud:)
Grandma Cindy was there too. Emma is a tiger/cat this year. She changes her mind daily and is quite in love with her mask and tail, so I'm happy to let her be.
Mandie and I always do Bat Centers during this week. With the help of Mrs. Garrett, we have 3 different centers. Mine is the bat cave. It's a ton of garbage bags all taped together to make a huge cave. There is a tube with a fan to blow it up.
The kids love it! I read nonfiction bat stories and one fantasy story just for fun. Then we go on a "spooky" bear hunt.




4 comments:

Shonya said...

Fun post, love the pics, esp the one of you and Colby!

What a great and fun idea with the bat cave!! I love, love, LOVE it! I bet the kids do too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of these pictures. The first one of Colby and Jaden is adorable. :)

Lauren

Corin said...

I can't tell you how often I find myself hoping my kids have a teacher like you. Today is no exception.

Bree Shaw said...

great pics! that one of you and colby is FANTASTIC!!! you are such a fun, great teacher! thanks for being that way for kiddo:)