Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Solemn

I've been feeling solemn lately. thoughtful. quiet.
lots of hmmmm... moments.
I went to an assembly tonight. Remembering Rachel Scott...a victim of the Columbine school shootings. Wow. What a wonderful young lady. She really knew what she wanted out of her short life. Please learn more about her. Decide to join her challenge.
Rachel's Challenge. A chain reaction of kindness!
To top that off...I've been lurking through blogs lately. Blogs of people I don't know. Tragedy has struck their homes, lives, existence! Yet, God has prevailed. If you want to read, pray, put things into perspective....click on a one of these links
1, 2, or 3 to name a short few. It has really helped me learn to not take one moment for granted.
I feel mellower (is that a word)...the little things don't make me snap. Just enjoy them! We lay on the couch and giggle and read stories at night, go caterpillar hunting, make pictures, etc.
Tonight, Colby's puppy died. It was so sad. He cried and cried and cried. We had only gotten him on Saturday, so we were only getting to know him. I have a few pics but they are on my computer at work. He was so proud of HIS puppy. How did I make him giggle tonight? I let Kodiak in the house, but shhhh...don't tell Vance! It was lots of fun to run and run around the house watching Kodiak slip and slide. And then I let him sleep in our bed, b/c that's always the best place to sleep right?
Sweet dreams, friends. I hope that you go home and love on your special people tonight!


p.s. after rereading this post, i'm not sure it makes sense. sorry....i'll try to do better tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Colby love for me. Glad we took those pics on Saturday though! What a great way to cheer him up. Moms always know how to do that best.
Lauren

Corin said...

So sorry about Colby's puppy. Your such a good mom to make him laugh and get his mind off it. I've been thinking alot about getting the most out of life and making an impact. I haven't decided anything but I've been thinking.

Bree Shaw said...

i feel so bad for colby. this morning i was thinking about him and wondering how he was doing and thought about the new stuff you bought for the puppy on saturday night. so sad! glad you are putting life into perspective. i feel like i am so grouchy and just yell over the stupidst things and i am going to try and not do that. i know i keep saying that but i haven't done it yet and i really need to. love ya!

Corin said...

Just watched the Rachel's Chalenge Video. WOW!!! Nothing like a little cry at work first thing in the morning. What a wonderful reminder to try and be kind to others. I try and do random acts of kindness but sometimes get side tracked with my own stuff. I know the impact they can have. My day can always be brightened by a kind act from a stranger. Thank You for always pointing me in the right direction. Never fails I don't know how you do it but you always do.

Shonya said...

good post--it's so easy to get caught up with SELF, isn't it?! But when we put things in perspective. . .