Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Balance

Balancing is hard.
It gets harder as you get older.
You can't stand on one leg without casually leaning on the wall.
Or the child next to you:)!
It also gets harder to balance your time.
What's important?
I'm struggling with that right now.
I think others are too.
Enrollment in all clubs and activities are down.
Are people just hanging out at home?
It seems like I always make a resolution to keep my obligations down to a minimum....spending time with the kids is #1.
But then I'm tempted....
...to just let Colby play soccer. It's only 6 weeks after all. It's good exercise and he loves sports.
...to let Emma take dance. It's only one day a week and she's riding with her friend Sylvia, so I only have to pick her up.
...and of course, we'll be involved in the new church programa AWANA. What's more important than teaching your children about God's love? Nothing!
What about me?
Well...
...I'll just c0-start a Bunco group. I mean we only play once a month. Mom's have to have their time too, right?
...and, then I'll do aerobics. It's just twice a week and for 45 mins. Right in town. I need to be healthy for myself, too.
So now, what does this all lead to, you might ask?
Ummm...
Monday: Emma goes to dance after school, I take Colby home and we enjoy some one on one time...while doing homework:)
Tuesday: aerobics and soccer practice....once a month Bunco.
Wednesday: church...for all of us, except Vance
Thursday: aerobics and soccer
Friday: B.R.E.A.T.H.....and watch Vance rope
Saturday: soccer game
Sunday: church and a NAP!
Such is my life.
I love it!
But how does it get this out of control?
I mean, we've turned down a lot....
but it seems that we're still involved in a lot.
And don't forget:
homework
bonding
seeing my husband
playing
cleaning
eating
Whew....

4 comments:

Corin said...

I really don't know how you do it all. I'm nervous for the day when Levi gets into activities. We like our home time and I'm not sure how we'll do with balancing. Good Luck!!

Shonya said...

I hear ya! I heard a saying that goes something like 'reject the good in favor of the better'. There are so many "good" things we could be doing, but we need to choose what is BEST (serving God and spending time with our families). Don't think this means I always know which is good and which is better, b/c I obviously don't! :)

Bree Shaw said...

i know exactly how you are feeling! but the way i think of it is, one day the kids will be gone and there i will be all alone wishing i had practices to run to, ballgames to watch, etc. i love every minute of it too! now don't get me wrong... i have days where i wonder what in the world was i thinking. like now, when i have 5 different envelopes and binders with me a majority of the time with a different club or sport involved in it. we are organized freaks and that is what makes us the best people for those kind of jobs:)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'm not handling it very well! God surely knew what he was doing to wait for Natalee to come along a little later than I'd planned so I could have more time before we have to do "activities." Mike and I are involved in enough as it is!