Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do you want more?

We are very blessed by new neices, nephews, and special friends year round. It seems that there isn't a small child to hold wherever we go. It also seems that with the cuddling and loving, the inevitable question comes up, "Do you want more?" Our answer....ALWAYS...Nope:) We are quite content with our two. Not because we have "one of each," but because it was right for our family. We love the age span of these two, and couldn't imagine having kids any farther apart. Does that make us want to do it again? NO!

I, however, would like to have those years back.....
to cherish a little longer....
to understand just how quickly they would speed by...
to embrace the innocence...
and the sweetness....
I wish I would have blogged back then.
To record EVERY story...
and lovely smile!
To remember when they just wanted to be big!
and now they are:(
and will only grow older....
and yes, I love seeing the glimpses of young people they are becoming....
but oh how I wish I could rewind every so often....
and remember those days in Lollipop Lions....
and how important the 100th day of school was....
and that EVEN if she didn't catch a fish all. day...the memories are what made it a great day!
Hold those memories tight and cherish every moment!

3 comments:

Shonya said...

Love the post! I hear ya loud and clear. I think that's been the biggest thing for me with my three little ones--this time I *know* to enjoy these years because they go by SO FAST. With Briana and Destry *I* was anxious for them to grow up as much as they were--always looking forward to the 'next developmental stage' and pushing them into big kid stuff and ready for them to be more independent. . .

Good job passing that wisdom on to those friends and family members in the precious little ones stage. And are your scrapbooks not as good as the blogging? I feel like my blog is a poor substitute for E, K, and T compared to the scrapbooks for B and D--but I can type faster than I can scrap! :)

Corin said...

Tear. Makes me want to cry. Cry b/c I feel like your kids are to fast. And cry b/c I know mine are right behind them.

Bree Shaw said...

totally got tears from this one! so, so true. i couldn't have said it any better.