Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Short Bus

You all know about the short bus right? The old standing joke is the short bus is for the slow people. I know it's not nice, but that's how it goes. So, if you rode the short bus to school....you get the picture.
Where am I going with this you ask?
I painted the squares on my bedroom wall and Colby said it looked like a brown bus with blue windows.
A short brown bus...
Get it?
HA HA...
I do love them though. Now I'm on the hunt for something cool to hang in the middle of them. Ideas?


Colby's room with the stripe. Boy was I worried for a minute about his colors, but the turned out really nicely.


The chandelier...it's gorgeous! They even sent white gloves to wear when handling it! Vance put them on...and Vance has small hands, and they barely fit him. He said they were either made for a woman or a Chinese man! It took 3 hours, but it's worth it.
Tonight, I'm going to paint the stripe in Emma's bathroom, and then I don't know what.
See ya later!

4 comments:

Anita J. said...

I would hang canvas art or those iron art pieces in those squares. That chandelier is so pretty! How exciting to do all that decorating.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

you've got some pretty dang straight edges on those squares & that stripe. go you! good job!

Angie said...

I like all the colors but I thought Colby's turned out really nice. The colors looked good.

Bree Shaw said...

the picture doesn't even do the chandelier justice. you did a good job on the squares, we will see how they look close up:) i bet they are "perfect". i think you should get a saying like "always kiss me goodnight" and put each word in a block. you might just not put anything up and then when you find the "perfect" thing you will know it and you can decorate then.